Monday, October 28, 2013

Orc Arrer Boyz

 Here is the second rank of my Arrer Boyz. Just like the first rank, I've repositioned the arms on these guys. For one of them, I had to add a big rock for him to stand on. Trying to get these guys to rank up the way I want has been quite interesting so far. Hopefully, by the time I get the unit finished it will all be worth it.

The main colors for this rank are Bubonic Brown and Bleached Bone. As usual, the non-skin areas are highlighted up with Bleached Bone. After the whole model is done, I wash it with a brown & black mix.

I did see a video on Youtube about adding a small amount of future finish to your paint to make it flow better (search Dr. Faust's painting clinic). I tried it on these and it does seem to work.

My Devlan Mud & Badab Black wash is starting to run low. I decided to mess around with trying out some different "Magic Wash," formulations. For this I tried out some different combinations of Higgins Black Ink (available at most art supply/arts & craft stores), Burnt Umber acrylic paint, Pledge with Future Floor Finish, and water. Still not super pumped about the results I got, so if you've got a sure-fire recipe, let me know. I did see a review somewhere on the blogs that the Army Painter inks are a great match for Devlan and Badab.


Skin: Gretchin Green, Elf Flesh highlights, Magic Wash.
Mushrooms are made from green stuff and paper clips.















Skin: Knarloc Green, Bad Moon Yellow highlights, Devlan & Badab wash.















Skin: Camo Green, Bleached Bone highlights. Devlan & Badab wash.















Skin: Coat d'Arms Goblin Green, Elf Flesh highlights, Magic Wash.















Skin: Catachan Green, Bad Moon Yellow highlights, Magic Wash.

No comments:

Post a Comment