Saturday, May 19, 2012

Night Goblin Fanatics


Finished up with a group of three fanatics for my night gobs.

I Love this first sculpt, even with the scale creep that happened with this edition of goblins (this guy is almost as big as an orc).




Skin Tone: I used Catachan green (I think), for the base and highlighted up to a pure Bleached bone.
Clothing: Hood is blood red. Tunic is chaos black. Everything is highlighted up to bleached bone.
After the base and highlights were done I dipped the whole model in Minwax Polyshades Tudor Satin Varnish.
 
The business end of a Fanatic.
 This is another sculpt that is just fantastic. These two were just so enjoyable to paint.
 Skin Tone: Knarloc Green highlighted up to Elf flesh.
Clothing: Hood is Bubonic brown. Tunic is Snakebite leather. These were blended up to Bleached bone for the highlights. Then it was dipped in the Minwax Polyshades Tudor Satin. This model and the one above are good examples of what happens when dipping turns out just right.

He's coming right for us!



I spent quite a bit of time debating with myself whether the eyes are actually open or squinted shut. In the end, I decided it was more dramatic to have the eyes shut, spinning around madly and blindly as it were.





 If you think I'm posting a lot of pics of these guys it's only because I'm so happy with the way they turned out.

 Can I get some old school love? These older figs are what drew me to O&G in the first place.
Skin Tone: Camo Green highlighted up to Bad Moon yellow.
 Clothing: Hood is split with Bubonic brown on one side and Snakebite leather on the other. Tunic is Codex grey. Highlighted all with bleached bone. The whole model was given a generous wash of Devlan mud mixed 2 - 1 with Badab black.




No comments:

Post a Comment